Calabria suffers damage in fire

Calabria’s in Wernersville suffered damage after a fire broke out in the restaurant last Thursday evening. The Reading Eagle reported that the fire was declared accidental and was caused be an overheated electrical device. Calabria’s is currently closed while damage to the front of the building is repaired. Here is the latest update from Calabria’s Facebook page, posted on Saturday:

Thank you to all of our customers, friends, and family for your concern and support during this difficult time. Calabria’s will re-open as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience and we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers American Bistro opens in new DoubleTree hotel

With the opening of the new DoubleTree Hotel, downtown Reading also has a new restaurant. Cheers American Bistro, the hotel’s on-site restaurant, opened last week along with the new hotel. The restaurant offers both ala carte and buffet dining. The kitchen is headed by Chef Dan Wooten, who most recently served as the Executive Chef at the LedgeRock Country Club. The Bistro is open every morning for breakfast at 6 a.m. and is stays open until midnight during the week, 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

Leave a Reply